Some Points Regarding Our Vision for Christ Church, Neodesha and the Surrounding Area
Senior Pastors Dave and Peggy Cheshier
Unity Among Believers in Neodesha
- All churches worshipping God together in one mind and one accord.
- Great moves of God have been started by women praying together and just loving each other – not letting denominational barriers keep them apart.
John 17:20-21(NKJV) –“I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me.”
A Storehouse that Freely Shares
- Of food and clothing for the needy – in the natural.
- A storehouse of Spiritual Food and Spiritual Clothing – the Word of God for the Spiritually needy.
The Community has:
- The Neodesha Food Bank;
- and The Kansas Crossroads Foundation.
(These are examples of the type of outreach that we want to see.)
Malachi 3:10 (NKJV) – ““Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the Lord of hosts,…“
Fellowship between people of all ages, particularly the old and the young:
- A format in which dialog can occur between generations;
- A format for older believers to share their experiences with younger believers;
- Old and young sharing and growing in their understanding of one another;
- A way for each group to share what is important to them with other groups;
- Groups in the church(es) reaching out to other groups – getting to know each other better; and
- Church outreach to community – getting to know each other – spending time together.
This vision for fellowship and relationship-building requires implementation. It cannot come about without someone providing a format – an outline. We desire that someone will organize this and make it happen. Out of it will come spiritual growth in the church body. This refers to maturity, not numbers.
Deuteronomy 32:7 (NKJV) – “Remember the days of old, Consider the years of many generations. Ask your father, and he will show you; Your elders, and they will tell you:”
Philippians 2:1-4 (NKJV) – “Therefore if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.”
(NKJV) – New King James Version